Resources for the Rural Church as Anchor Institute
Below are resources to help you learn about the challenges in your community and engage new partners. Resources are divided into the four policy areas, links for data and research, and general links.
Rural Faith Community Action Guide:
- Rural Faith Community Action Guide – This free guide is designed to help faith communities understand local issues, identify potential community-based solutions, and develop clear steps to create a plan of action.
- NC Community Health Assessments (by county)
- North Carolina Institute of Medicine Rural Health Action Plan
- NC Partnership for Children and the Shape NC Report
- Mental Health and Faith Community Partnerships – Resources from the American Psychiatric Association for faith communities working in mental health issues.
- NC Public Schools
- NC Public Schools Report Card
- NC Department of Public Instruction – Data and Statistics
- NC Chamber of Commerce
- NC STEP at the NC Rural Center
- NC Community College Small Business Center Network:
Community and State Data:
- NC LINC – Displays data at a county level across a variety of areas and years.
- NC Rural Center – Find data and free downloadable publications about rural NC.
- Emerging Issues Commons – Find data sorted into four areas (Health, Education, Economics, Environment).
- Headwaters Economics – Create county profiles and reports focused on various socio-economic factors.
- AccessNC – Economic data about North Carolina.
- NC 211 Counts – Find out what service requests are being made across NC and in your community.
- NC Cooperative Extension – Find resources and training opportunities sponsored by the NC Cooperative Extension.
- NC Forum’s Roadmap of Need – an in-depth assessment of factors critical for successful youth.
- NC Community Foundation
- NC United Way