IEI connects North Carolinians across sectors, regions, and perspectives for collaborative work on key emerging issues affecting our state's future economic competitiveness.
IEI serves as a nonpartisan connector, bringing North Carolinians together across sectors, regions, and perspectives to collaborate on finding solutions to the state’s emerging and most critical policy issues resulting in a more vibrant and prosperous North Carolina.
A North Carolina where people connect and collaborate to build a vibrant and prosperous future for all.
- Engagement – We engage with people across the state to inspire, share knowledge, and explore opportunities for mutual learning, idea generation, and strategic action.
- Inclusion – We engage and lift up the unique and diverse strengths, assets and voices of all people in order to influence effective policies and programs that address specific challenges within communities across North Carolina.
- Impact – We strive to create transformational relationships, resilient communities and policy changes that lead to a more prosperous North Carolina. We demonstrate integrity in all we do and seek feedback to evaluate our processes, stewardship, effectiveness, and inclusiveness.
- Partnership – We are committed to building, convening, empowering, and collaborating with other organizations and communities.
- Leadership – We demonstrate and develop leadership in addressing the complex nature of our contemporary challenges and opportunities.
Connect with IEI
NC State University Centennial Campus
James B. Hunt, Jr. Library
1070 Partners Way
Raleigh, NC 27606
Institute for Emerging Issues
NC State University
Centennial Campus Box 7406
Raleigh, NC 27695
To connect directly with one of our staff members, please visit our staff page.
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. EST, except university holidays.