Helping North Carolina
Stay One Step Ahead of Tomorrow
Dear Friends of IEI:
Thanks to friends like you, 2017 and 2018 have been busy years for the Institute for Emerging Issues!
- We’ve worked with partners to develop ideas on how to improve early childhood outcomes in our state – through our 2017 Focus Forum on early childhood, through a series of “Crib to Career” workshops across the state and with a “blue ribbon” commission made up of state business, nonprofit, education, government and elected leaders.
- IEI’s First in Future TV show and podcast, now in its second season, provides weekly conversations with a diverse, passionate group of state leaders, asking them questions ranging from their views on the future of our state to their favorite Thanksgiving side dish (look through the archive on our website and watch out for new episodes weekly on our website and on UNC-TV’s North Carolina channel!)
- We’ve spoken with community members and lawmakers to advance the findings of past Emerging Issues Forums on increasing innovation across the state and preparing everyone in our state to respond to the impacts of automation.
- At our 2018 Emerging Issues Forum, kidonomics: Investing Early in our Future, we convened North Carolina leaders in Raleigh to hear from national experts and local practitioners who shared practical tools and resources on how to design, implement and fund early childhood initiatives in their local communities that can make a difference.
- In April, we kicked of KidsReadyNC, a new 18-month initiative designed to designed to help selected Tier 1 or Tier 2 communities strengthen leadership capacity within their local early childhood development systems.
But we have even more ambitious plans ahead — and we need your help.
- In May 2018, we’ll be launching an exciting, new six-forum series — ReCONNECT NC — a three-year initiative aimed at helping reconnect North Carolina’s people and geographies socially, medically and economically. For the first time in IEI history, we will convene six Emerging Issues Forums over three years — that’s two Forums per year! And that’s not all. We’ll continue hosting Forums each February here in Raleigh, but kicking off Fall 2018, we’re hitting the roads across North Carolina, meeting with people from mountains to sea, first landing in Asheville, September 2018!
We invite you to explore ReCONNECT NC and some of our other programs of work, all aimed at working with statewide community leaders and organizations to build a better future for North Carolina.
It is because of your generous support that we’re able to impact so many North Carolina communities with our programs.
More than 70% of our funding is privately donated each year, and without your interest in our work and your deep commitment to North Carolina, we could not provide these programs, projects and initiatives. We ask you to please consider a gift of support for this shared mission of statewide growth and prosperity for generations to come.
Our goal is to engage even more North Carolinians across every region, sector and age demographic, and to sustain critical programs that help communities prepare for a thriving future. With your continued support, we are able to bring more leaders together around our state’s most pressing issues, collaborate with more businesses, schools, local governments, and faith communities across North Carolina, and help more children prepare today for a successful tomorrow.
Your special donation of $25, $50, $75, $100 or more helps us meet our goal of supporting community-focused programs across North Carolina.
We simply can’t do it without you. Your contributions make a real and lasting impact, and help to drive initiatives that enable North Carolina’s state economy to compete on a national and global scale.
Please click here to make your donation now. Thank you for your continued support and partnership.
Director, Institute for Emerging Issues
Interested in our current programs of work? Visit the below program links for more information:
- Emerging Commons
- First in Future
- ReCONNECT NC
- Service Year NC
- Text, Talk, Future
- Thriving Rural Communities
Would you like to learn how you can help ReCONNECT NC by sponsoring the initiative or one of the regional Emerging Issues Forums? Contact IEI Development Director Tony Reevy at email@example.com or 919.515.3543.