RFCAI Peer Networks
North Carolina rural communities are not all the same. But some faith and community leaders ask similar questions about opportunities and challenges in their rural communities.
IEI’s Peer Networks are issue-based informal resource groups around topics rural faith leaders care about. Through webinars, state-wide events, and partner connections, we are here to share your expertise and answer your questions with other rural faith communities.
Peer Network Groups
- Community Food Partnerships: Learn about our partners at Resourceful Communities and their work with food and faith! In partnership with The Duke Endowment, Resourceful Communities provides rural churches with training to strengthen skills, small grants to support innovative projects, and networking opportunities to build new partnerships and connect with community groups.
- Early Childhood Partnerships: Learn more about our partners at Prevent Child Abuse NC’s new Connections Matter NC framework! Connections Matter is a community-based initiative that explores how the connections we make in life profoundly impact the brain’s ability to grow and our own individual abilities to cope and thrive.
- Multicultural Partnerships: The 25 Traits of Beloved Community flyer is a useful tool when discussing what multicultural relationships could like in your community or congregation.
- Rural Housing: Learn more about Affordable Housing and resources to help you and others with NC 211 and NC State University!
- Rural Stewardship: Our consultant John Parker recommends reading The Spirituality of Fundraising by Henri Nouwen. Check out this article that shares 5 reasons why you should check this book out!
- Substance Use Disorder & Mental Health: NC Council of Churches Opioid Crisis & Faith Communities Respond. Check out our partners at the NC Council of Churches, through its Partners in Health and Wholeness program, resources list to shed light on and help bring about a more compassionate response to the growing opioid epidemic.
Find notable resources for each peer network group on our Faith Resources page.