Institute for Emerging Issues

Meet Ella, IEI’s new Communication Intern

The Institute for Emerging Issues is excited to welcome NC State University undergraduate student Ella Taylor as its new communication intern. Throughout the 2024-2025 academic year, Ella will write stories, create digital media and develop narratives to tell the story of the work IEI and its partners are doing throughout North Carolina.

Majors: Communications (Public Relations); Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management
Graduation Year: 2025
Hometown: Beaufort, NC
Extracurricular Activities/Hobbies: Playing Volleyball, going to the movies, and spending time with friends. President of CNR Leadership Council and serves on the Student government Athletics committee.

Q: What are your goals after you graduate?
To work on a communications team in the theme park industry.

Q: What made you interested in the communications internship?
I wanted to further my communications skills through a unique discipline while making an impact on my home state.

Q: What do you hope to get out of this experience?
I hope to make meaningful relationships throughout my internship experience and increase awareness of the issues impacting NC.

Q: What do you think is the biggest emerging issue facing our state?
I think that the biggest challenge North Carolina is facing right now is the quality of primary education, especially in rural areas, coupled with a lack of support for teachers.