Institute for Emerging Issues

Tim Young Joins IEI as Director of Development

The Institute for Emerging Issues (IEI) at NC State University is excited to welcome Tim Young as the new Director of Development. Tim is also the Director of Development for the Shelton Leadership Center (SLC). In this role, Tim will serve as chief development officer for these two units by providing leadership and strategic direction for all IEI and SLC fundraising activities.

Q: Tell us a bit about your background and how you came to IEI.

A: I was contacted by a search firm about this position. After reading the job description it sounded like something I wanted to learn more about. I was impressed with the programs and the focus on North Carolina.

Q: What interests you most about working at IEI? (Is there a particular program or area of work you’re most excited about?)

A: I’m glad to join a nonpartisan organization with a direct focus on North Carolina. I’m also happy to be at NC State as a staff member, since I had a great graduate school experience at State.

Q: What do you believe is the biggest emerging issue facing our state?

A: Infrastructure—how can NC keep pace with the growth and maintain a high quality of life in our state?

Q: What kinds of things do you like to do for fun?

A: I enjoy running, anything outdoors, and spending time with family and my dog, Boone.

Contact Tim

Director of Development
919-515-0714
tmyoung5@ncsu.edu