Reconnect to Community: FAQ
- What: The 2018 Fall Emerging Issues Forum, “ReCONNECT to Community: Solving Problems Together for a More Prosperous Future”
- When: Originally scheduled September 17, 2018, Hurricane Florence forced a postponement. A new date will be scheduled once the storm passes.
- Where: Asheville, NC. Specific location to be announced with the new date. This Forum will take place over one day (instead of our typical two-day forums of the past)
- Wait, where is the Forum? After over 30 years in Raleigh, for the first time ever, we are taking the Emerging Issues Forum on the road! While the Forum takes place in Asheville, the event focuses on the entire state of North Carolina, and we expect audience members from all corners of the state.
- Why: The Forum kicks off IEI’s ReCONNECT NC, a six-part series to address the loss of connection — to work, to civic institutions, to one another — that has serious and measurable consequences for North Carolina’s economy and our individual well-being. This forum is the first of six Emerging Issues Forums over the next three years that focuses on different strategies to address our loss of connection.
- Who: The Forum provides an opportunity for community leaders from across the state in business, education, government, non-profit, and faith community sectors to collaborate, share information, and connect as we move forward to solve this emerging issue of reconnecting NC.