- “Local Financing Options for Early Childhood Development.” IEI Blue Ribbon Commission, February 2018.
- LOCUS Impact Investing
- This is targeted at local community foundations
- Local Funding for Early Learning: A Community Toolkit | North Carolina Early Childhood Education
- A Vision for Transforming the Financing of Early Care and Education | Foundation for Child Development
- Specific recommendations for implementing an integrated framework of laws and policies that uses financing to bring about an accessible, affordable, and high-quality ECE system
- Trends in Pre-K Education Funding in 2017-18 – Education Commission of the States
- A policy brief that analyzes trends funding for the 2017-18 year, particularly state appropriation.
- USA Spending – North Carolina Profile
- USA Spending tracks federal spending and you can see by state, county, congressional district where money is being used.
- Map My Community – Youth.gov
- A tool that uses data from USASpending.gov to give information on who has received federal funding for youth and family related programs by zip code.
- “Aligning Funding to Action to Accelerate Impact: A Fiscal Mapping Toolkit,” Jobs for the Future and the Forum for Youth Investment.
- “Connecting the Dots: A Guide to Leveraging Federal Funding Streams,” Jobs for the Future
- Children’s Funding Project, Forum for Youth Investment
- NC Early Childhood Funding Streams Spreadsheet
- List of state and federal funding streams with descriptions, originating sources, state/local administrators, and more.
- Determining Scope and Scale – Jobs for the Future
- Fiscal mapping worksheet to help determine your project’s scale and scope.
- KidsReadyNC Fiscal Mapping Federal & State Funds
- List of potential funding streams for early childhood education, family supports, and healthy development.
- Potential Federal Transportation Funds to Support a Comprehensive Expanded Access Transportation Plan
- List of funding resources with descriptions.
- The Do’s & Don’ts of Fiscal Mapping, Children’s Funding Project New
- A reference guide on what to do and not do when going through the fiscal mapping process
- Exploring Early Care and Education Dollars in NC and your county, Facilitated by The Children’s Funding Project, Elizabeth Gaines
Community Reinvestment Act
- KidsReadyNC and the Community Reinvestment Act | February 18, 2019 | Jeanne Milliken Bonds
- Videos Resources on the CRA
- Engaging Workforce Development: A Framework for Meeting CRA Obligations – Federal Reserve Banks of Kansas City and Dallas (2016)
- How to think about framing your project: Please see pp. 11-12, and Box 4 in particular, for a list of questions to consider as your think about describing your early childhood development project(s) around CRA criteria.
- A searchable clearinghouse of community development-related materials from the Federal Reserve Bank system.
- Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council
- A searchable portal with information about specific banks, their business models and how they comply with their obligations under the CRA. Below are a few links to help you navigate the site.
- Center for Workforce and Economic Opportunity, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Focuses on employment policies and labor market issues that affect low- and moderate-income individuals, connects researchers, businesses, and policymakers with innovative approaches to creating economic opportunity through education and employment.
- What is the Community Reinvestment Act?, The Federal Reserve New
- Website that provides information on the history of the CRA, banking regulators for the CRA, the role of the Federal Reserve, and more resources. Use the “search” links on the left side of the page to find information on banks in your area.