- Helping Districts Build Great Schools through Great Engagement (September 2017)
- This short article presents learning across states on stakeholder engagement within the context of ESSA
- Meaningful Local Engagement under ESSA. Issue 2: A Handbook for Local Leaders on Engagement in School Improvement (May 2018)
- This is a great tool that can be used in the PK–3rd grade space, focuses on the whole child
- Data Walks: Community-Engaged Advocacy | Connecticut Voices for Children Report
- A report that details a community engagement tool for data and information sharing
Parent and Family Engagement
- Toolkit for Parent, Family and Community Involvement, NC Department of Public Instruction Toolkit
- Toolkit to help schools more readily identify and incorporate strategies for working with families and communities; See Assessment Checklist
- Quick Brief on Family Engagement in ESSA, Annenberg Institute for School Reform
- Five Strategies for Partnering with Families, National Center on Parent, Family, and Community Engagement (NCPFCE)
- 2-page, easy-to-read strategies for partnering with families
- National Parent Leadership Training Institute
- The Parent Leadership Training Institute teaches parents, who wish to improve the lifelong health, safety and learning of children, how to become practiced change agents for the next generation.
- Guiding Principles for School, Family and Community Partnerships, Ohio Department of Education
- Guiding principles for how educational systems should act in regard to family, school and community partnerships
- Full, Equal and Equitable Partnerships with Families, Connecticut Department of Education
- Common definition and framework of family engagement to encourage shared understanding and collaboration
- Presentation: Supporting Family Engagement and Parent Leadership, KidsReadyNC, Janice Gruendel
- Parent, Family, and Community Engagement (PFCE) Framework, Head Start
- An interactive framework to find research, resources, and regulations related to program foundations, program impact areas, family engagement outcomes, and child outcomes
- Beyond Caring: Mapping the Gaps between Expert, Public, Practitioner, and Policymaker Understandings of Family, School, and Community Engagement. The Frameworks Institute. August 2018.
- Full, Equal and Equitable Partnerships with Families: Connecticut’s Definition and Framework for Family Engagement, Connecticut State Department of Education
- The report provides a definition and framework of family engagement to support a shared understanding and collaboration between educators, providers, partners, and families.
- The Engagement Imperative, MDC
- Using Forsyth Family Voices as an example, this report shows the importance and the benefits of engaging families with young children to guide local grantmaking and strengthen the early childhood system.
- Is your child ready for school? by Chowan County
- One-page overview of school readiness for children
- Chowan County – System Scan Presentation (June 9, 2015)
- Chowan County – Parent Survey Results Presentation (June 14, 2016)
- Chowan Cares Photo Posters and Template