#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
Dear Friend of IEI:
Thanks to friends like you, 2017 has been a busy year for the Institute for Emerging Issues!
- We’ve worked with partners to develop ideas on how to improve early childhood outcomes in our state – through our 2017 Focus Forum on early childhood, through a series of “Crib to Career” workshops across the state and with a “blue ribbon” commission made up of state business, nonprofit, education, government and elected leaders.
- We’ve launched a new podcast providing weekly conversations with a diverse, passionate group of state leaders, asking them questions ranging from their views on the future of our state to their favorite Thanksgiving side dish (look through the archive on our website and watch out for new episodes weekly on our website and on UNC-TV’s North Carolina channel!)
- We’ve spoken with community members and lawmakers to advance the findings of past Emerging Issues Forums on increasing innovation across the state and preparing everyone in our state to respond to the impacts of automation.
But we have even more ambitious plans for 2018 and we need your help. We need to take our “friendship” to a new level!
- At our 2018 Emerging Issues Forum, kidonomics: Investing Early in our Future, we will be convening more than 1,000 people in Raleigh to hear from national experts and local practitioners who will share practical tools and resources on how to design, implement and fund early childhood initiatives in their local communities that can make a difference.
- We’ll be working hands-on with communities in an 18-month project designed to move forward ideas discovered at the Forum.
- And we’ll be launching an exciting new six-forum series focused on measures that will reconnect North Carolina’s people and geographies.
And now we need your help. It is because of your generous support that we’re able to impact so many North Carolina communities with our programs.
More than 70% of our funding is privately donated each year, and without your interest in our work and your deep commitment to North Carolina, we could not provide these programs, projects and initiatives. We ask you to please consider a year-end gift of support for this shared mission of statewide growth and prosperity for generations to come.
Today, we’re launching our 2017 Year-End Campaign to coincide with #GivingTuesday – a global celebration of giving. Our goal is to engage even more North Carolinians across every region, sector and age demographic, and to sustain critical programs that help communities prepare for a thriving future. With your continued support, we are able to bring more leaders together around our state’s most pressing issues, collaborate with more businesses, schools, local governments, and faith communities across North Carolina, and help more children prepare today for a successful tomorrow.
Your special year-end donation of $25, $50, $75, $100 or more helps us meet our goal of supporting community-focused programs across North Carolina.
We simply can’t do it without you. Your contributions make a real and lasting impact, and help to drive initiatives that enable North Carolina’s state economy to compete on a national and global scale.
Please click here to make your donation now. Thank you for your continued support and partnership.
Director, Institute for Emerging Issues
Interested in our current programs of work? Visit the below program links for more information:
- Emerging Commons
- kidonomics: Investing Early in Our Future
- Thriving Rural Communities
- Service Year NC
- Text, Talk, Future