9/11/15 Volunteer Day of Service
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2015 from 3:00 PM- 5:00 PM
AT THE Institute for Emerging Issues
As part of our civic engagement program of work, IEI has partnered with Activate Good on organizing a volunteer day of service right here in the James B. Hunt Jr. library in honor of September 11th. We invite any and all members of the NC State community in addition to any Triangle residents who would like to join us for this special day of service.
We hope you can join us!
Volunteer Project: Make ABC Books for Kids Learning to Read
Using provided cardstock, stencils, and other art supplies, volunteers will design and create ABC books for kids learning how to read. Completed ABC books will be distributed to children in need through Motheread, a nonprofit that helps adults and children learn to use the power of language to discover more about themselves, their families, and their communities.
VOLUNTEER SHIFT: 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Time: 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Location: Institute for Emerging Issues in James B. Hunt Library at NC State
1070 Partners Way, Raleigh, NC 27606
Parking: If you are driving, please be aware that without a permit, parking lots may charge a fee.
Volunteer registration for all projects will automatically close at 11:59 PM on September 9.
Volunteer Registration Instructions
- Click the REGISTER HERE link here or above.
- You will be prompted to either A) create an Activate Good volunteer account or B) log in to your existing Activate Good volunteer account.
- Once signed in, you will automatically be redirected to confirm your sign up for the project you selected. You will also automatically be added to the Institute for Emerging Issues private group on the Activate Good website.
- You’re done! You can view your current volunteer sign ups at any time under the “My Account” tab at the top of the webpage.
To cancel or change project shifts after registering
To cancel your volunteer sign up:
- Log back into your Activate Good volunteer account.
- Click “My Account” at the top of the website.
- Click “Cancel” next to the project you wish to cancel registration for.
To change which project you’re registered for:
- FIRST cancel your current project sign up under “My Account” (follow the ‘cancel’ instructions)
- Then, from the My Account page, click “My Groups” and select “Institute for Emerging Issues”.
- Click “Projects” in the Institute for Emerging Issues group section.
- Click on the title of the project for which you’d like to register, then click the blue “sign up” button and confirm your registration for the new project.