Governor Cooper Issues Statewide Stay-at-Home Order Effective March 30, 2020
What’s Does a Stay-at-Home Order mean for me?
Stay at home or your place of residence unless engaged in essential activities
How long will it last?
The Order goes into effect Monday, March 30 at 5 pm and will remain in effect for 30 days.
What are Essential Activities?
- Travel for essential activities (health and safety, household supplies and services, outdoor activities in compliance of social distancing requirements)
- Care-taking (family member, friend, pet in another household)
- Travel to and from places of worship
- Receipt of goods and/or services from a Covid-19 essential business or operation (grocery store, pharmacy, medical office, etc.)
- Travel to/returning from place of residence for child custody or visitation arrangements
- Volunteering with organizations that provide charitable and social services.
How will the Order be enforced?
State and local law enforcement officials will enforce the Order. Non-compliance is punishable by a class 2 misdemeanor.
Source: Stay-at-Home Order FAQs